This Fall Inspectors are checking for hazards that lead to Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) in the Health Care Sector.
This Blitz will focus on Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD) in Health Care, as the Health Care sector has the sixth highest rate of lost time injuries in Ontario ? after transportation, agriculture, forestry, municipal and automotive sectors.
The goal of this Blitz:
- Encourage employers to identify and control MSD hazards through use of appropriate written measures and procedures;
- Address and remedy non-compliance with the OHSA and its regulations;
- Deter non-compliant employers;
- Enhance health and safety partnerships; and,
- Promote improved health and safety for workers exposed to MSD hazards.
ERGO Inc. specializes in Health Care Ergonomics and works with many hospitals and health care facilities. ERGO Inc. has conducted Physical Demands Assessments and Ergonomic Risk Assessments in Nursing, Material Management, Housekeeping, Kitchen and Porter Services.
ERGO Inc. also offers ERGO Learning ? specific MSD prevention training to health care workers on how to prevent MSD injuries.
To ensure employees are capable of performing essential job duties, ERGO Inc. has developed and is conducting post offer pre-employment testing for all new housekeeping and materials management employment candidates at one Ontario hospital. For more information on Ergonomics for Healthcare contact us at email@example.com